Current Openings: 6/2017
A multi-tasked individual to fill the position of contract administrator is needed for a large ranching operation whose main office is located near Saratoga- Encampment, WY, The Platte Valley is a beautiful valley located in south central WY nestled between two mountain ranges where the North Platte River flows north out of the mountains.
This person will work with company attorneys to coordinate the process for developing contracts for real estate purchases and sales, easements, leases, and access agreements. In addition, the negotiation and administration of the property and liability insurance contracts will be the responsibility of this individual. The ability to research land issues such as water and mineral rights and compliance requirements for federal and state government rules and regulations such as DOT, EPA, and employment laws is a must.
The applicant must be highly organized and able to prioritize tasks, handle pressure and understand the importance of deadlines. The new hire must be able to relate to people in a variety of situations, be trustworthy, discreet and use good judgment. The person must be flexible and have the willingness to broaden their knowledge base.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Behind the scenes due diligence work for the purchase or sale of properties including water and mineral rights, review of title commitments, inspections, and the review of closing documents.
- Completion government forms for building permits, land lease applications and renewals and water right applications and amendments.
- Completion of insurance applications and claim forms.
- Review of legal contracts and the ability to summarize and interpret the contracts with the help of company attorneys or other professionals when needed for other employees of the company.
- Database research using government databases for water and mineral rights, property ownership and taxes, and leases.
- Use of mapping software such as Google Earth and State and Federal Map programs.
- Strong writing skills with an excellent knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Incidental travel to other ranch locations.
Education and Work Experience: Bachelor’s degree with work experience relating to those described under job responsibilities.
Email Resume to email@example.com. Job open until filled. Salary commensurate with education and job experience. This is a fully benefitted position. Silver Spur Ranches is an equal opportunity employer